Thursday, August 8, 2013

Green Drinks in Mason Jars

I have always wanted to be one of those hippie women who casually walk around town with a glass mason jar filled with some sort of thick green liquid. Perhaps it is because I know that they are doing something healthy for their body or maybe it is because it just seems so earthy and organic to drink your vegetables...I don't know where my interest stems from. What I do know is that today, I am going to make my first green smoothie and put it in a glass mason jar. I just got a book called Green Smoothies and Protein Drinks. It has 50 great recipes for healthy green drinks. Today's market list includes: organic canned pumpkin, organic blueberries, 2 figs, organic bananas, kale, coconut water, chia seeds, watercress, fresh mint, limes, cucumbers, and avocados. These ingredients will be used to make a variety of green drinks this week. If I find some good-tasting recipes that I  really like, I will try to get my son to drink his veggies as well! Stay tuned for more posts on my green juice experiment!

No comments:

Post a Comment